The Cosmetic Chemicals Market is expected to reach US $27.83 billion by 2029, thanks to growth in the skincare segment. The report analyzes Cosmetic Chemicals market dynamics by region, product type, and application.
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Overview:The Cosmetic Chemicals Market was valued at US $16.70 Bn. in 2021, and it is expected to reach US $27.83 Bn. by 2029 with a CAGR of 6.59% during the forecast period. Organic grade cosmetic chemicals are in high demand thanks to rising demand for cosmetics created with natural components and consumer ability to spend more on high-end products. Cosmetic chemicals are a mixture of artificially produced chemical substances. They are the most common ingredients used in personal care and cosmetic products. Surfactants, colorants, rheology control agents, emulsifiers, emollients, and preservatives are all common ingredients in cosmetic products. Emulsifiers, preservatives, thickeners, moisturizers, colours, and perfumes are all common elements in cosmetics. They can be synthesized or grown naturally. Natural products, such as petroleum or bio-based components, are also used to make synthetic compounds. Synthetic compounds, on the other hand, are made using a sophisticated manufacturing process using derived reagents and catalysts. Plant, mineral, animal, and microbial products are examples of natural products.To know about the Research Methodology :- Request Free Sample Report 2021 is considered a base year however 2021's numbers are on the real output of the companies in the market. Special attention is given to 2021 and the effect of lockdown on the demand and supply, and also the impact of lockdown for the next two years on the market. Some companies have done well in lockdown also and specific strategic analysis of those companies is done in the report.
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Dynamics:
Rising Per Capita Income:The global cosmetic chemicals industry is mainly driven by rising disposable incomes in developing nations like China and India, as well as a desire to improve one's physical attractiveness. Also, the rising fashion and entertainment industries in major and emerging countries like the United States, India, France, and South Korea have enhanced demand for cosmetics, which is anticipated to raise demand for cosmetic chemicals during the forecast period. Also, during the forecast period, a considerable number of working women in major organizations and international companies, together as major consumers of beauty products, is likely to drive growing demands for cosmetic chemicals.
Following are major driving forces for the global cosmetic chemicals market:• Natural, gentle, and non-animal-based products are becoming increasingly popular among consumers. • Environmentally friendly, sustainably produced ingredients have attracted the curiosity of both businesses and consumers. • There is a lot of interest in anti-aging products, especially in developed countries. • There's a growing market for beauty products that cater to the needs of specific ethnic communities. • Men are using more personal care items than ever before. • Individual consumers and advocacy groups are playing an increasingly important role in talks over ingredient safety. Detailed information about each is also covered in the MMR’s report.
Stringent Rules and Regulations:The global cosmetic chemicals market is being held back by government rules prohibiting the use of harmful chemicals and a rise in demand for organic goods manufactured from natural materials. Moreover, some cosmetic chemicals may have negative side effects such as genetic mutation, birth abnormalities or reproductive injury, genetic mutation, and cancer, all of which are likely to limit the market growth. The increase in R&D activities by market participants to develop enhanced and diverse product portfolios is expected to provide new chances for the global cosmetic chemicals market to develop.
• Bio Products:Organic products are becoming increasingly popular. New-age consumers are growing more health-conscious, and they want to know what's in their personal care goods. Such customers are increasingly gravitating toward firms that use natural ingredients, adhere to ethical manufacturing practices, and provide vegan or cruelty-free options. Cosmetic businesses that are accused of testing on animals are seeing a fall in sales, leading them to establish cruelty-free product lines to avoid losing market share. Ethical and organic products are experiencing importance on standard chemical-based branded products, despite being more expensive and having a shorter life span.
• Self-Care And Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Products:Following the closure of salons, demand for DIY hair, nails (stick-on nails), and skin products have increased. According to Nielson's research, hair clipper and hair colour sales in the United States increased by 166% and 23%, respectively, in the first week of April 2021, compared to 2021. Since the lockdown began in March 2021, the UK has seen a double-digit rise in online nail polish sales every week. As long as many countries are experiencing lockdowns, DIY and self-care tendencies are likely to persist.
• Digitalization Is on The Rise:E-commerce increased as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic's lockdowns. This shift benefited beauty brands as well. In 1Q20, Sephora, a renowned cosmetic company, reported a 30% rise in online sales in the United States compared to 1Q19. During this time, Amazon's beauty product sales also surged. According to a market study estimate, digital revenues for beauty industry firms in China increased by 20–30% during the outbreak.
• Eye Care and Scalp Care:In the year 2021, key beauty trends are hair, scalp, and eye care. With the lower half of the face behind masks, the emphasis has shifted to the hair and eyes. During the pandemic, sales of eye cosmetics more than doubled, while sales of lip treatments fell due to the increasing use of masks. Leading cosmetics companies are currently marketing and launching new eyecare products. Kohls' eyeshadows and false lashes are expected to gain in popularity over the next few years. LED hair masks, scalp scrubs, serums, and essential oil treatments are the new skincare, with LED hair masks, scalp scrubs, serums, and essential oil treatments flooding the market. Treatment and cosmetic businesses are now seeking to incorporate wellness formats and components in scalp care products, indicating that the industry has a lot of potentials.
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Segment Analysis:Based on Product Type, the cosmetic chemicals market is segmented as, surfactants, colorants, preservatives, emulsifiers, and polymer ingredients. In 2021, the polymer ingredient segment was dominant and held almost 35% of the overall market share in terms of revenue. Emollients, for example, are polymer compounds that soften the skin by reducing water loss. They're found in skin moisturizers, body lotions, lipsticks, and face creams, among other cosmetics and personal care goods. These emollients are available in both synthetic and natural versions on the market. Beeswax, Coconut oil, olive oil, lanolin, glycerin, petrolatum, zinc oxide, mineral oil, butyl stearate, and Di glycol laurate are some of the most often used emollients. Based on Application, the cosmetic chemicals market is segmented as follows, skincare, haircare, oral care, fragrances, makeup, and others. In 2021, the tiles segment was dominant and held almost 40% of the overall market in terms of revenue. This is because of an increase in consumer demand for skincare products as people become more concerned about their skin's health and upkeep. The market for cosmetic chemicals is anticipated to benefit from rising demand for face creams, sunscreens, and body lotions around the globe. The key causes driving the sale of hair care products are rising consumer worries about grey hair and hair loss, as well as changing hair styling trends in the fashion sector. Increased stress and pollution are key contributors to hair loss, discoloration, thinning, and dandruff in young and middle-aged people. This is also expected to increase the use of hair care products among them.
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Regional Insights:In 2021, North America had a revenue share of about xx% percent in the cosmetic chemicals industry. Cosmetic chemicals are in high demand in the region thanks to their application in the production of organic personal care products. The major factor driving the market for cosmetic chemicals in the region have been increasing investments in research and development by manufacturers, as well as affiliated technological developments in the areas of ingredient processing and cost-effective production of organic personal care products, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. The cosmetic chemicals market in North America is characterized by the existence of different small and large-scale producers and suppliers of ingredients. Huntsman Corporation, Dow, and Stepan Company, as well as many other small and medium-sized businesses, are all players in the cosmetic chemicals sector. The United States is the region's largest market for cosmetic chemicals. Instead of treating health and beauty items as separate categories in personal care, manufacturers in the country are taking a more integrated approach. As a result, they're more open to ideas that link technological advancements in the health and biotechnology industries to the efficacy of cosmetics. Several industry participants are working to increase pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and food ingredient firms' cross-over into the beauty market, resulting in the introduction of technologically advanced compounds. The objective of the report is to present a comprehensive analysis of the market to the stakeholders in the industry. The past and current status of the industry with the forecasted market size and trends are presented in the report with the analysis of complicated data in simple language. The report covers all the aspects of the industry with a dedicated study of key players that include market leaders, followers, and new entrants. PORTER, PESTEL analysis with the potential impact of micro-economic factors of the market have been presented in the report. External as well as internal factors that are supposed to affect the business positively or negatively have been analyzed, which will give a clear futuristic view of the industry to the decision-makers. The report also helps in understanding the global market dynamics, structure by analyzing the market segments and projecting the global market size. Clear representation of competitive analysis of key players by product, price, financial position, product portfolio, growth strategies, and regional presence in the global market makes the report investor's guide.
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Scope:Inquire before buying
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Report Coverage Details Base Year: 2021 Forecast Period: 2022-2029 Historical Data: 2017 to 2021 Market Size in 2021: US $ 16.70 Bn. Forecast Period 2022 to 2029 CAGR: 6.59% Market Size in 2029: US $27.83 Bn. Segments Covered: by Product Type • Surfactants • Colorants • Preservatives • Emulsifiers • Polymer Ingredients by Application • Skin Care • Hair Care • Oral Care • Makeup • Fragrances • Others
Cosmetic Chemicals Market by Region• North America • Europe • Asia Pacific • The Middle East and Africa • South America
Cosmetic Chemicals Market Key Players• Dow • Givaudan • Ashland Inc. • Eastman Chemical Company • Lonza Group • BASF SE • Lanxess • P&G Chemicals • Solvay S.A. • Evonik Industries AG • Bayer AG • Croda International plc • Stephan Company • Symrise • Cargill • Others Frequently Asked Questions: 1. Which region has the largest share in Global Cosmetic Chemicals Market? Ans: North America region held the highest share in 2021. 2. What is the growth rate of Global Cosmetic Chemicals Market? Ans: The Global Cosmetic Chemicals Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.59% during forecasting period 2022-2029. 3. What is scope of the Global Cosmetic Chemicals market report? Ans: Global Cosmetic Chemicals Market report helps with the PESTEL, PORTER, COVID-19 Impact analysis, Recommendations for Investors & Leaders, and market estimation of the forecast period. 4. Who are the key players in Global Cosmetic Chemicals market? Ans: The important key players in the Global Cosmetic Chemicals Market are – Dow, Givaudan, Ashland Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Lonza Group, BASF SE, Lanxess, P&G Chemicals, Solvay S.A., Evonik Industries AG, Bayer AG, Croda International plc, Stephan Company, Symrise, Cargill, and Others 5. What is the study period of this market? Ans: The Global Cosmetic Chemicals Market is studied from 2021 to 2029.
1. Cosmetic Chemicals Market: Research Methodology 2. Cosmetic Chemicals Market: Executive Summary 2.1. Market Overview and Definitions 2.1.1. Introduction to Cosmetic Chemicals Market 2.2. Summary 2.2.1. Key Findings 2.2.2. Recommendations for Investors 2.2.3. Recommendations for Market Leaders 2.2.4. Recommendations for New Market Entry 3. Cosmetic Chemicals Market: Competitive Analysis 3.1. MMR Competition Matrix 3.1.1. Market Structure by region 3.1.2. Competitive Benchmarking of Key Players 3.2. Consolidation in the Market 3.2.1 M&A by region 3.3. Key Developments by Companies 3.4. Market Drivers 3.5. Market Restraints 3.6. Market Opportunities 3.7. Market Challenges 3.8. Market Dynamics 3.9. PORTERS Five Forces Analysis 3.10. PESTLE 3.11. Regulatory Landscape by region • North America • Europe • Asia Pacific • The Middle East and Africa • Latin America 3.12. COVID-19 Impact 4. Cosmetic Chemicals Market Segmentation 4.1. Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Product Type (2021-2029) • Surfactants • Colorants • Preservatives • Emulsifiers • Polymer Ingredients 4.2. Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Application (2021-2029) • Skin Care • Hair Care • Oral Care • Makeup • Fragrances • Others 5. North America Cosmetic Chemicals Market (2021-2029) 5.1. Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Product Type (2021-2029) • Surfactants • Colorants • Preservatives • Emulsifiers • Polymer Ingredients 5.2. Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Application (2021-2029) • Skin Care • Hair Care • Oral Care • Makeup • Fragrances • Others 5.3. North America Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Country (2021-2029) • United States • Canada • Mexico 6. European Cosmetic Chemicals Market (2021-2029) 6.1. European Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Product Type (2021-2029) 6.2. European Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Application (2021-2029) 6.3. European Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Country (2021-2029) • UK • France • Germany • Italy • Spain • Sweden • Austria • Rest Of Europe 7. Asia Pacific Cosmetic Chemicals Market (2021-2029) 7.1. Asia Pacific Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Product Type (2021-2029) 7.2. Asia Pacific Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Application (2021-2029) 7.3. Asia Pacific Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Country (2021-2029) • China • India • Japan • South Korea • Australia • ASEAN • Rest Of APAC 8. The Middle East and Africa Cosmetic Chemicals Market (2021-2029) 8.1. The Middle East and Africa Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Product Type (2021-2029) 8.2. The Middle East and Africa Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Application (2021-2029) 8.3. The Middle East and Africa Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Country (2021-2029) • South Africa • GCC • Egypt • Nigeria • Rest Of ME&A 9. Latin America Cosmetic Chemicals Market (2021-2029) 9.1. Latin America Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Product Type (2021-2029) 9.2. Latin America Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Application (2021-2029) 9.3. Latin America Cosmetic Chemicals Market, by Country (2021-2029) • Brazil • Argentina • Rest Of Latin America 10. Company Profile: Key players 10.1. Dow 10.1.1. Company Overview 10.1.2. Financial Overview 10.1.3. Presence 10.1.4. Capacity Portfolio 10.1.5. Business Strategy 10.1.6. Recent Developments 10.2. Givaudan 10.3. Ashland Inc. 10.4. Eastman Chemical Company 10.5. Lonza Group 10.6. BASF SE 10.7. Lanxess 10.8. P&G Chemicals 10.9. Solvay S.A. 10.10. Evonik Industries AG 10.11. Bayer AG 10.12. Croda International plc 10.13. Stephan Company 10.14. Symrise 10.15. Cargill 10.16. Others